Pages

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Resized



While at home a major mission for me was to buy some bras. This isnt glamorous or fancy but unfortunately in Korea where I live my bra size isunavailable! In the UK Im below average. Im a 34B and that in my mind isnt something to shout about.
When arriving in Korea I walked into a shop and asked for my size only to get a blank look and an angry instruction to leave the shop.
Korean woman really do have small bra sizes. I have found one shop that does sell my size but I always have to blow the dust off them and sneak behind the counter to actually see whats on offer. It doesnt make you feel like a superstar.
Then you are also faced with the padding problem. Korean bras are padded like you are going to be training a police dog with it. I could rest a bowl of cereal on them with ease.
Anyway this all meant that I spent a misguided year wear two bras, neither of which was I happy or comfy in.
This brings us to my Cardiff visit to Ann Summers, I didnt visit the shop to buy something fancy and adventurous. I have just found that bras there are comfier and last a lot longer. Since it was January I could actually afford them too which was a plus.
The lady saw me browsing and asked if I wanted a fitting. I dont know if it was the year spent wearing a ugly ill fitting monstrosity or the crazy high I had from UK shopping but I said yes.
A bra fitting is a one off experience for everyone. You stand in a booth while a stranger throws a measuring tape all over your naked self. Ive found that these ladies are always kind and lovely (and have surprisingly warm hands) but its still odd.
This time was no less odd but a lot more rewarding. I discovered Ive been wearing the wrong bra size for about 4 years. I didnt realize how quickly your bras change. I stupidly thought that like shoes you get a size and thats it.
The new bras I tried on after that were like dreams. I felt amazing and not like a saggy aging weirdo anymore.(I still can't pass the pencil test though so there is still hope)
After a spree that means I have good fitting bras for the next 3 years I was ready to head back to the Korean lands and not go near a bra shop again while I live here. 
So Korea you can keep those dusty bottom shelf crazy sizes and I shall keep my slinky new (maybe cartoon character themed) bras. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment